Green Car Reports grouped the cars by maker so that, for instance, General Motors includes both Chevrolet and Cadillac plug-in sales.
And they included compliance cars; even if they’re limited in volume, they do have plugs.
Here are the percentages of a carmaker’s total U.S. sales this year that are made up of battery-electric, range-extended electric, and plug-in hybrid sales:
- Tesla: 100 percent
- BMW: 2.3 percent (4,534 of 201,000)
- Nissan: 2.1 percent (24,411 of 1.17 million)
- Ford: 0.9 percent (18,859 of 2.07 million)
- GM: 0.7 percent (17,969 of 2.43 million)
- Toyota: 0.6 percent (12,321 of 1.98 million)