With almost 160 state parks, Florida is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
Florida’s parks offer camping, canoeing, biking, swimming, diving, fishing, boating, wildlife viewing, picnicking, nature trails, horse trails, and many other activities.
Here are some tips to help you enjoy Florida outdoors:
- Use sunscreen, wear a hat, and drink plenty of water.
- Many state parks have opportunities to view native Florida wildlife such as manatees, dolphins, otters, birds, deer, and even bobcats, bears, and panthers. Ask park rangers for local information and remember to never approach or feed wildlife.
- Never swim alone, observe posted signs and regulations, and supervise children at all times.
- Use insect repellent on clothing, tuck pant legs into socks or shoes and wear long sleeves.
- Always have a trail map and compass and know how to use them.
- Monitor the skies for signs of bad weather and take cover in the best shelter you can find.